Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Gym

So, today was my first gym workout. Because of my crazy schedule this week, I figured the best way to fit in a workout was to get up early and go before work so I would be done. So this morning at 6:00am I jumped out of bed (well, maybe more like rolled/crawled), got together all my stuff, and headed out to the gym where my company has a major discount (it's $2 a week for us!). Unfortunately I hadn't gone and filled out forms and gotten a key tag to sign in, but the man at the desk very nicely let me in after writing down my name and company.

There were plenty of people at the gym considering it was before 7am, but lots of machines were available, which made it easy to make it through my circuit smoothly (if you recall, it's treadmill, rowing machine, bicycle, elliptical, and then pushups/crunches/stretching on a mat). I actually made it through the workout fairly easily, which surprised me...I could feel my legs working, especially toward the end, but I pushed through and finished the whole thing!

Also to my surprise, I actually kind of enjoyed working out in the morning...once I was out of bed, it was nice to be up and about getting something done before I even go to work, and now I don't have to worry about cramming it in after rehearsal tonight. I also felt way more awake than I expected, considering I got up two hours earlier than I normally do. I'll probably wake up early tomorrow for my yoga video, too, and then after that we'll see. I will have time to do workouts after work starting next week, but I just might end up being a morning person after all. Who am I and what have I done with Liz?!

P.S. My shoes were an excellent choice. They were so cushiony and I did not notice my feet at all, which is pretty much what I was going for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment