Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 1: Completed!

I finished my first week of workouts on Saturday! I was supposed to do three days of the circuit I posted earlier, plus a workout video of some sort in between (I chose a half hour of yoga, since it is relaxing and stretches me out). Yay for me!

Now the real work begins. Tonight (my last day before my gym membership starts) I have to do the following:

  • 20 push-ups

  • 35 stomach crunches

  • 25 jumping jacks

  • 20 lunges with each leg

  • Run in place for 1 minute

  • March in place for 1 minute

  • Rest for 30 seconds (drink some water)

  • Repeat this circuit twice, for a total of three times

This one intimidates me a little more than the previous, since many things are doubled. But I'm going to suck it up and do it this afternoon, hopefully. One of the challenges for me this week is going to be scheduling in workouts, because I volunteered to be on stage crew for Andrew's show (he's stage managing), and I'll be busy every night this week except Friday. Regardless, I have to fit in three circuit workouts (besides tonight's), along with another exercise video. Here's the gym circuit for this week:

  • Treadmill--15 minutes (alternate 3 min. walking and 30 sec. jogging repeatedly until 15 minutes has passed)

  • Rowing machine--4 minutes on a setting of 3

  • Bicycle--5 minutes at level 5

  • Elliptical--5 minutes on cardio setting

  • 20 push-ups

  • 30 stomach crunches

  • STRETCH

So that's my assignment for the week...I might not have much time to keep you updated this week, but I'll recap at some point. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment