Monday, March 14, 2011

Why am I doing this again?

I went to the gym this afternoon and went 1.5 miles, half running, half walking/jogging (or pretty close to it, though I may have erred on the side of walking a little bit more). It was not fun. By the end my legs hurt, my side hurt and I was breathing hard for like 20 minutes afterward. Why do people do this to themselves?

Despite my skepticism that I will actually turn into a person that can run/jog an entire 3.1 miles nonstop, I will press on. I think I'm going to ask Natalie if she can run with me Thursday or Saturday, possibly outside so I can get an idea of what that's like compared to the treadmill. Also, she can yell things at me to keep me going.

P.S. Thanks to Charity for texting encouraging things to me after I told her I was about to die on the treadmill. Bonus friend/coach points for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment