Friday, March 11, 2011

Success!

Just had my second running day at the gym. I decided to walk for 2 min., then jog/run for 1 1/2 min. and alternate until I had done the required 1.5 miles. Basically my reasoning is to keep upping the length of my running spurts so eventually running a whole 3.1 miles won't seem so bad. The first three sets I walked at 4.0 mph and ran at 5.5 mph (which is about the max required by my whole regimen), and then I backed down to 3.5 mph walking and 5.0 mph jogging. And I made it the whole 1.5 miles!

By the way, I think taking a lunch break to go to the gym is about the best thing ever, because it gets me out of the office and gives me a mental break, as well as a physical workout. PLUS now I don't have to go after work or later tonight. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment