Tuesday, April 5, 2011

T minus 4 days

Yes, that's right: the 5k is this Saturday. My ankle's pretty much better after I rested it for a week or so, and the last two Sundays I've been outside with Natalie doing about 3 miles. It's a lot more difficult to actually jog/run outside, especially when it's cold...I haven't been able to jog that much at all, but I'm still wiped by the time I'm done. I do better at the gym, but I'm still not up to running/jogging an entire three miles.

So here's my goal: finish the 5k in under 45 minutes, any way I can. I'm going to try and jog as much as I can, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I have to slow it down and fast-walk for a while. Several people have told me that adrenaline during the race will help me move faster anyway, and the weather is supposed to be rainy but fairly warm, so I can definitely do this.

Natalie promised to teach Andrew some cheers, so that'll be fun. :) Charity will actually be running the race now (she got talked into it today), so she won't be on the sidelines, but I know she'll be cheering me on at the end.

So, one more run Thursday and then the big event at 9 am Saturday! Hopefully I'll get some pics to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment