Monday, April 11, 2011

Mission accomplished!

As you well know, my first real 5k was Saturday, and I blew my goal away! My official time was 38:49, which was well under the 45 minute goal I set for myself. I couldn't have done it without my personal cheering squad: Charity, Andy and Stephanie all ran right along with me and pushed me to run even when I was tired, and Natalie met me about half a mile before the end and ran along with me with her "Run Liz Run!" sign, which was great. Andrew was the official photographer, and I'm hoping to post some of the pics later this week when I get them from him. I am so grateful to all of them; they definitely helped me have a successful first run!

My plan from here is to run another 5k on May 7, the CT Race in the Park, which raises money for breast cancer research. I already donated $10 in honor of my mom, a breast cancer survivor for 10 years now. If you'd like to donate, you can visit my personal page HERE. My goal for that race is to beat my other time, potentially getting under the 30 minute mark, but I'm not sure yet.

The bigger thing I'm training for is a 5 mile (not kilometer, mile) run June 19 in Branford. I figured that's a nice in-between run, longer than 5k but shorter than 10k. Natalie asked me today what my ultimate training goal is, whether that's a marathon or half marathon or something else. I told her I would just take it one step at a time, and those are my next two steps. So, after a very short break, I'm back in training again. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment